Want to Start Your Own Business?
Have you own Business in a Bag
Do you fancy running your own business? We are looking for people who want to run their own BOD business. It can be a one off thing, to raise money or a full time job.
- What does it cost? There is no joining fee. You just pay for stock.
- What is it? Just like it’s name suggests, you get a bag full of items which you can then sell.
- Who is it for? Young people – 8-18 years old
- What will my Business -in-a-Bag sell? You will be sent 18 x pin badges – mixed designs, all mounted on a card back and a bag to carry your stock around in. The stock will cost you £28 (£1.55 per badge) but will have a value of £63-£81 depending on how much you sell them for (£3.50-£4.50).
- I don’t have £28, what can I do? Time to get creative! Are there any clothing or computer games you don’t need anymore and could sell? Can you ask if any friends or family need any odd jobs doing like car washing or raking leaves? Or, maybe you can find an investor (friend or family member): someone who can lend you the money and you pay them back when you have sold the stock. The best way to give the investor the confidence that they will get their money back is to do a business plan: It is not as hard as it sounds; just write down when you will aim to start selling (a few days after the event maybe?) and how long it will take you to sell enough items to reach the £28 loan. To give you an idea, the pin badges sell for £3.95 to the customer so you would need to sell 7 to repay the money. Do you know 7 people that would like funky flamingo and sloth pin badges for the summer? I am sure you do!
- Can I see the pin badges and recommended prices? Yes – everything is here: www.bodlondon.com You will get a mixed selection but if there is anything specific you love, just email: email@example.com after you have ordered.
- Is it really my own business? Yes. You buy the stock and the business is in your name: You choose where to sell your stock, how to display and who to sell to. You can even choose how much you sell your items for. You are responsible for collecting the money and all the money you earn is yours (you will need someone over the age of 18 to advise you on this). The harder you work and the more time you spend on it, the more you will sell.
- Do I have my own territory? No. You can sell to who ever you want, where ever in the world they are. However, you do have to let us know what events, shows and fetes you plan to do. Only one BOD stall is allowed at each event and therefore if someone else has already told us that they are doing the same event you want to, sadly you wont be able to sell there. To keep it fair for all the sellers, we are very strict on this and if you ignore this rule, you will no longer be able to run your BOD business.
- What happens when I run out of stock? You simply buy another bag of stock
- Can I set up my own Facebook group and sell directly from there?Yes
- How does it work if my customers want to purchase online? They can purchase via the official BOD website and you can give them a code, which gives them a small discount and tells us they are your customer. We then will send you stock vouchers, so you can buy more stock with the money.
- How do I make money? This is very simple; you buy the stock from us for half price and sell the items for full price. eg:
- How else can I sell my BOD products? The main ways to sell BOD products are through: Facebook/Instagram/Summer fetes/events/Christmas markets/Monthly Markets/Friends and Family/leaflet/Official BOD online store and hold BOD shopping parties. We don't expect you to do them all, sit down with your parents/guardian and see which ones suit you.
- If I am under 16 do I need permission from a parent/guardian? Yes. You will need their help with the money management side, especially if you start to earn a lot. We also need to know that they are supporting you on this (you need people to listen and offer advice when setting up a business).
Bod is the first franchise business in the UK available to young people.